How To Find A New Place To Live
Due to the nature of life and the vicissitudes that come with it, we always find ourselves having the need to move from one area to the other. In the course of this move, we need to consider many things before we choose the area to relocate to. This is only when we have the choice to do so, because in many cases we realize that there are some factors pushing us to move to some particular areas which we in essence cannot determine.
Whenever you are considering moving to a new place, you have to start by considering some essential factors as mentioned below.
- The number one factor to consider when looking for the new place to relocate from Manchester to is the affordability or the cost of the area you want to move to. This ranges from the cost of housing to the general cost of living. The fact remains that no matter what you earn, you should strive to live within your means and make savings in the process. To this effect, you should consider not only the house rent, but also the costs of groceries, food, gasoline, electricity, water and others. You don’t want to move to Greater Manchester areas where these utilities skyrocket on a daily basis.
- The next thing to consider is the amenities available in the area and in the home. For you to have any form of comfort, the basic amenities must be there and they must be very good ones. Are the rooms big enough for you? Are the walls thick enough? Are the windows large enough for good lighting? Does it have a home laundry? Etc. Other things to consider include how neat and large the kitchen is, outlets for your gadgets, the cost of satellite or cable in the area, the ease of cleaning, who does the lawn, and many others. Do they have good hospitals close to the place you want to live? How close is the place to major roads, airports and other amenities like sports and recreation homes?
- Another thing you should consider is the neighbors. You can never enjoy a house without good new neighbourhood. Are they so loud and noisy? Do they cook very obnoxious smelling foods? Are they the dirty types? Consider all these before you chose to live with them. Neighbors with kids below 5 and aged people above 60 are not the best to live with. You don’t want kids disturbing around and getting everywhere dirty, and you also don’t want the judgmental stare from the old men and women.
- You have to consider the taxes too., especially if you are planning international moving from Manchester. Now, some countries will have some states collecting sales taxes, while others do not. Consider this and move to the place you will not have to pay all your earnings as tax. You should look for those areas that pay the least taxes.
- You also have to look at the employment opportunities that are available in the new area. The fact is that job opportunities in Manchester vary from one area to the other. What this means is that you should sit down and consider this before you choose the place to live. There are states that have more concentration of jobs than others. This will inform your search. Again, you have to search according to your profession because some areas may have more jobs in a particular field. You should go with the areas that have more jobs in your field. Another thing you must look into when considering the job opportunities is the income levels. Some states pay more than others for a particular job, so you need to look for the areas that pay more.
- You have to consider the real estate trends in the area you propose to move to. What is the current price of homes? How long does it take for homes to sale? What is the resale value and what are the long term values. These will inform your decision too.
- Another important factor to consider is the climate of the place you intend to move to. Are you in love with skiing? If the answer is yes, start searching for the area with heavy winter. However, if you are among those that have been praying for a warmer climate, then you need to consider this. If you like to holiday in the sun, look for warmer climates. Your health condition may also inform this. If you are allergic to cold, then you must find a warmer area. You should also remember that heating costs a lot of money.
- You should consider the crime rate of the neighborhoods. You have to look up the crime report of the area you want to move to. You can get this information from a police station in the area or you can read up the crime watch.
- You also have to consider the filial aspect when looking. Do you have a huge family that you enjoy spending time with? If this is the case, then you will need to find a place that is within a driving distance from where they live.
- You have to consider the education system in the area you want to move to. Do they have good schools for your kids’ education? Are there higher institutions to help you continue your own education? These are very essential. Also consider the culture of the people in the area. Can you adapt easily. Do they have those obnoxious and dangerous cultures you cannot put up with? Consider all these.